Week #18: 3rd Grade- Jan 24-28
Music Teacher: Julia Hargis Grade level: 3rd
I am learning to play a variety of mallet instruments and drums. I am learning how to play various techniques and rhythms on the instruments. I am learning to perform with others.
1. “It’s Time for Music Class” song.
2. Continue “Mallet Madness.” Review over the different instruments and techniques used: glissando, alternating hands, hands together, and tremolo.
3. Students will be rotating through a variety of Orff instruments using these techniques. We will finish “1-2 Buckle My Shoe” and introduce the activity and song “2468.” Students will place rhythm cards for the song in the correct order. We will then add body percussion to the poem. Then, we will move to the instruments, changing how we perform each measure.
Extension: Have students come up with new performances of their own and play for the class.
4. Introduction to “Fuzzy Wuzzy” song and activity. Students will take turns performing a variety of body percussion and mallet techniques.
5. Review and good listener.