Hello! I will be posting our 1st grade music lessons on this page. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Week #18: 1st Grade-Jan 24-28
Music Teacher: Julia Hargis Grade level: 1st
I am learning to identify and play a variety of unpitched percussion instruments (wood, metal, membrane,scraper/shaker).
I am learning how sound is made and proper playing technique for unpitched percussion.
MU:Pr6.1.1 , MU:Cn11.1.1, MU:Cr1.1.1
1. “It’s Time for Music Class” song.
2. Review: We have been discussing all about unpitched classroom percussion instruments and all the sounds they can make. Also, what they are made of and how they make sound: shakers/scrapers, wood, metal, drums(membranes).
3. We will continue to use a variety of instruments during performances. We will review from last week, “Let Everyone Play.” We listened to woods, metals, drums and shakers/scrapers. This time, we are going to all play together and listen for changing dynamics(loud/soft) and tempo(fast/slow) to a new song: “Play, Play, Play Along.” (musicplay)
Pay attention to some of our musical opposites we have talked about.
4. Next, we will switch out some instruments and make sure everyone has either a drum, guiro, shaker, or bell. We will be learning the song, “Drums are Drumming” (musicplay).
5. If time allows, we will play a game that will help students with identifying the tone color of the instruments by just listening: “Yum Yum” interactive game or musicplay bingo.
6. Review, good listener and line up song.