All school personnel, including cafeteria managers and custodians, report any suspected gas leak to the principal immediately.
Move students from the immediate vicinity of danger.
Call 911, District Support Team.
If the gas leak is internal, implement evacuation procedures. Refrain from lighting matches or candles, and do not turn off/on electrical switches/equipment including cell phones. (Electrical sparks can trigger an explosion.)
Notify gas company.
Determine whether to move to an alternate location.
If extended stay outdoors is during inclement weather, contract transportation to provide to transport students to partner school or shelter students on buses.
Do not re-enter the building until being given permission to do so by emergency personnel.
If the gas leak is external, all students and staff should remain in the buildings; any students or staff outside should initiate reverse evacuation or follow Shelter in Place (seal off windows and doors ) until further instructions are received.
Document actions and complete incident reports.