Covid 19 Info

Last Updated: 12/9/2020 6:07 PM

The Rowan County Board of Education continues to plan for a return to in-person education this fall.  The Board will be meeting in the next few days to discuss those plans, as well as options for a return date.  Parents and guardians will be contacted after the return date has been approved to determine your plans for sending your students back for in-person learning or to continue with virtual learning.  Please refer to for the latest information as it is updated.



Beginning on Monday, October 26, all students who register for in-person learning will return to school. 

Each student attending in person will need to have release form on file. Click here to download or see your child's school to get a hard copy.  






Effective September 28, 2020, school districts are required to report Covid-19 information. If any student, parent or staff member (or anyone in your household) tests positive or has been required to be quarantined for COVID-19, they must inform the school Health Officer (COVID-19) at the student’s assigned school. You can do this by calling the school and asking for the school health officer. All information will remain confidential.

Building Health Officers:

BDA Middle/High 606-784-8928 Melissa Moore

CES 606-784-5792 Murisa Adams

MES 606-784-1204 Lindsey Holbrook

RCBE 606-784-8928 Renee Smith

RC Bus Garage 606-784-4908 Janie Davenport

RCMS 606-784-8911 Joni Caudill

RCPC 606-784-7721 Anita Ison

RCSHS 606-784-8956 Randa Gilliam

RES 606-784-3000 Lisa Wilson

THE 606-784-4604 Stephanie Kissick

Kentucky Dashboard:

Direct Link:  Kentucky Department of Public Health COVID 19 Dashboard

Healthy at Home Utility Relief Fund

Kentucky still has about $11 million in federal funds for the Healthy at Home Utility Relief Fund, which helps residents pay their water, wastewater, natural gas or utility bills. To qualify for assistance, applicants must have a household income at/below 200% of the federal poverty line and have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.

Assistance Amounts:

  • Water, sewer, or wastewater billsUp to $500
  • Electric and gas billsUp to $200 for one month. You can reapply up to the $400 total limit.

Households needing utility assistance should contact their local Community Action Office.  To locate your local office, please call 800-456-3452 or click here.

Applicants must supply the following documents:

  • Most current utility bill
  • Proof of arrearage, payment plan, or disconnect notice for utilities
  • Proof of Social Security Number or Permanent Residence card (Green Card) for each member of the household
  • Proof of all household’s (all members) income from the preceding month

Click here to find your local Community Action office


Click here for a fact sheet on tenant utility assistance

More information about COVID-19, click HERE for the Center for Disease Control or click HERE for the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services.

As this is an evolving situation, the faculty and staff of the Rowan County School System greatly appreciates the continued support of the Rowan County community.