The Rowan County Board Of Education meets the third (3rd) Tuesday of each month at 6:00 P.M. Meeting place will be announced. The meetings are open to the public.
The mission of the Rowan County School District is to provide individuals with sufficient knowledge and skills for lifelong learning, to have respect for themselves and others, and to become productive citizens in an atmosphere that encourages creativity, as well as physical and emotional well-being through a joint effort of the family, school and community.
We believe that:
- All children have the right to an education.
- All children have the potential to learn.
- All children have the right to be treated with respect.
- The primary function of the school is to provide an intentional instructional focus that addresses all students’ needs as they meet academic challenges on their path toward becoming college and/or career ready.
- Education is a joint effort of the family, school and community. For this reason, we have adopted, and act in accordance with, the vision of “Together We Can.”
ACRONYMS of Commonly Used Education Terms
Board Meeting Agendas
Rowan Co Board Policies