NOTICE OF VACANT DISTRICT 1 BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT
The Rowan County Board of Education ("Board") is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing the seat for District I for Rowan County School system. This appointment will be effective until December 31, 2022.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: setting policy to govern the District; hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; and levying taxes and adopting the District budget.
Board members must:
• Be at least 24 years old.
• A Kentucky citizen for the last three years.
• A registered voter in the district and voter precinct(s) of the vacancy (Rowan County, District I).
• Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate.
• Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180), and
• Complete required annual in-service training.
Applications are available at Rowan County Board of Education or here
. Mail applications to John Maxey, Superintendent, Attn: Board Vacancy, Rowan County Board of Education, 551 Viking Drive, Morehead, Kentucky 4035 I. Applications must be received by the close of business on Monday, May 9, 2022.