Rowan County Middle School Virtual Vikings,
RCMS teachers and staff are busy preparing for virtual learning. We are committed to making virtual learning successful. Virtual learning will not be the same as NTI in the spring. Our teachers are preparing lessons and class work that is specific to grade level academic standards. The first days of school will be focused on learning Google Classroom, how to submit assignments, communicating expectations, and getting to know your child as a part of their virtual classroom.
· School will begin August 26, 2020. Instruction will be provided by your child’s teacher through Google Classroom. To log-on to Google Classroom: o Go to Rowan County Schools website https://www.rowan.k12.ky.us/
o Click on Helpful Links
o Click on: Clever Single Sign On for Portal Students
o Once students are signed in, they will have access to their classes
· Paper packets of instructional materials will only be given to students if absolutely necessary.
· If you need a Chromebook, please call the Rowan County Middle School at 606-784-8911. YOU MUST COMPLETE ON-LINE REGISTRATION PRIOR TO REQUESTING CHECKOUT OF A CHROMEBOOK.
· Meal services will be available at all four elementary schools beginning on Wednesday, August 26, 2020. More information will be forthcoming from the District Food Service Department.
· A folder with necessary “Beginning of the Year” paperwork will need to be picked up at the front doors of the middle school. The folder will include paperwork, Google codes, clever badges, student email and passwords and class schedules (this will not be available on the parent portal). 6th grade students will pick up their folders at the back of the school through the bus loop. 7th and 8th grades will pick up their folders in the front of the school through the student pickup loop. Hours for pickup will be as follows:
o Thursday, August 20th, 9am-5pm
o Friday, August 21st, 9am-pm
Packets can be returned beginning Monday, August 24-28, 2020 between 8:00a.m.-4:00p.m. Staff will be, assisting with the folders. During this time, Chromebooks will be available for checkout. We ask that you please stay in your car and stop at the designated drop off spot. A staff member will get your child’s folder for you. These are required documents for back to school.